Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like I got something unexpected from the Roaring Season.

Looks like I got something unexpected from the Roaring Season.

Every time I open the page I get this:

Name:  0817roaringseasonbug.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  13.9 KB

I use AVG Antivirus and haven't had this issue!

I have asked my tech guy to take a look at this.

I use AVG antivirus also, without issues but use Internet explorer, not Mozilla firefox.

I look forward to hearing what your man has to say, Steve...

If he needs further information I'm happy to provide it. As long as I can retrieve it, that is.

Its actually a pretty common thing for hackers to target social media platforms like discussion forums, facebook etc. Their aim is to create disruption. Virtually every forum on the web would have been hacked more than once. Its one of the challenges forum owners face and further adds to the time and cost of keeping the site running. But I have a good tech guy and he has found and cleaned up these attacks previously.

World Champion
    I found this a bit disconcerting when by chance I just happened to Google this site today.
    I need more reassurance Maestro Steve.
    Name:  Google search. Aug. 16. 2017.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  46.0 KB

(Ken H )

Yes Ken, there was also some Trojan virus activity detected by my antivirus also 2 days ago.
    Keep your antivirus up to date!

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    I found this a bit disconcerting when by chance I just happened to Google this site today.
    I need more reassurance Maestro Steve.
    Name:  Google search. Aug. 16. 2017.JPG
Views: 601
Size:  46.0 KB

(Ken H )
    This is the report my tech guy gave me:

I have checked the site, double scanned it and it is coming back clean. I am finding reports that avg and similar virus checkers will sometimes report a false positive on vbulliten based websites. No work around exists for this.

I rely on the Windows Defender antivirus protection and haven't had any of these problems - touch wood.

World Champion
    I keep telling people about the TRS site and it was a friend who mentioned the Google comment. This seems a bit harsh as people are naturally hesitant to enter a "This site may be hacked" site. I have Norton and Windows Defender and have never seen a warning come up on my screens. I don't know what it takes to get "Google" to take that wording away if it is unjustified.
    I may have some Laguna Seca material coming up and of course I want to feel confident in my TRS site.

(Ken H )

Laguna Seca material will be worth viewing, thanks Ken.

some guys are having problems accessing again Steve, but I am fine

Yup. I got locked out this morning on the PC (AVG), but laptop seems OK - or the hiccup has been sorted.

The Virus / antivirus hacking ..

Guys, I had several warnings and posted on TRS Facebookpage as well as my own.. my McAfee is trying to block because of Google it seems, so after messages from Spgeti and others have now gone in, and read all this on the thread .. seems OK ..
    thanks, Guys

Semi-Pro Racer
    I have been striking the same problem over the last 2-3 days. Not sure my knowledge or expertise is sufficient to solve it myself and I guess I will have to ask long-suffering computer-programmer son in UK . AND decide which email provider to change to (ihug/vodafone etc stops end November!) It's all a bit too much for us oldies.

At least voting tomorrow is no problem, the polling station is next door!

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
    I have been striking the same problem over the last 2-3 days. Not sure my knowledge or expertise is sufficient to solve it myself and I guess I will have to ask long-suffering computer-programmer son in UK . AND decide which email provider to change to (ihug/vodafone etc stops end November!) It's all a bit too much for us oldies.

At least voting tomorrow is no problem, the polling station is next door!

Stu
    Love it Stu, we voted already nearby shopping centre .. so Saturday is mine .. they say busiest from 9 to 11 am .. after people wake up !! cheers .an BTW a lot of people use sons who are far more computer literate so solve all sorts of problems even though you know they are going " What The F*** are you doing " !!
    Roger D

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Love it Stu, we voted already nearby shopping centre .. so Saturday is mine .. they say busiest from 9 to 11 am .. after people wake up !! cheers .an BTW a lot of people use sons who are far more computer literate so solve all sorts of problems even though you know they are going " What The F*** are you doing " !!
    Roger D
    Son may well be saying exactly that, but wouldn't say - he emails us with important info, like "No, I wasn't walking on London Bridge...or I've never been to Parsons Green Underground Station...." to allay our worries re terrorist doings.

The polling booth at the village hall is a bit of a social event, so it's not a problem, although I'm tempted to go over at 9 a.m. in my pyjamas and dressing gown. "Her Indoors" would not be happy!

Stu

Grandsons are more clued up... But there again, my son lives in the UK anyway.

Voted two or three days ago and no queue.

Funeral tomorrow morning - mum of one of the occasional TRS posters, known to most of you.

Just deleted AVG - all OK on the PC now!
    Last edited by ERC; 09-22-2017 at 09:42 PM.

World Champion
    What has happened to this site? I have started getting messages saying this is a deceptive site and is being blocked. Then yesterday a message saying the site is undergoing a software upgrade, now ALL images before the upgrade appear to be blocked.