As some of you will have seen, we have been experiencing some issues with The Roaring Season. This began with a warning from Google, depending on what virus protection users had, just over a week ago. I contacted my tech guy David to take a look at it, but he suffered a torn ligament the same day and ended up in hospital, which slowed his progress.

David completed the Google requirements a few days ago and then updated the site to the latest vBulletin patch, before resubmitting it back to Google for assessment. They've since given it a clean bill of health, and the site has been restored, complete with updates.

Initially all the old images disappeared which was due to the vBulletin patch, but these have now been restored also.

Social media sites such as The Roaring Season, or any other similar site using a forum such as this are always targets for hackers, as is Facebook, Youtube, Twitter etc, and I'm sure this is something you're all aware of, and something you all consider when visiting any sort of social media website. Its an unfortunate fact of life and something we are constantly trying to stay on top of.

I'm still not yet sure what the problem was. David hasn't yet given me a breakdown. Some users and visitors experienced no problems at all, and no warnings, and continued using the site as per usual, while others were faced with a large red warning effectively blocking access. Its frustrating, but we keep pushing forward. There are more stories to be told and more vintage photo collections to be shared, so we'll just negotiate each hurdle as it arises and move on.