Thread: Bugatti at Chelsea Hillclimb 2017

Bugatti at Chelsea Hillclimb 2017

I can't admit to knowing very much about the history or background of this magnificent car. Perhaps someone more "in the know" can fill us in on the details.

Name:  McNair-Bugatti-2.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  145.4 KB

Name:  McNair-Bugatti-1.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  135.7 KB

Name:  McNair-Bugatti-4.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  132.3 KB

Name:  McNair-Bugatti-3.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  143.2 KB

Name:  McNair-Bugatti-5.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:  McNair-Bugatti-6.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  137.5 KB

Wow that is magnificent.

I was talking to GeeBeeNZ yesterday and although I didn't see the car (we only walked half way down the hill - not wishing to tire my wife) I believe that it has been built over several years. The wheels from Crossthwaite & Gardner in the UK and I believe Rob McNair, the builder of that fantastic Riley Moth is involved in the build.

I'm really sorry I missed it. Hopefully it will be at the HRSCC Hampton Downs short track meeting November 26th - which replaces their annual Taupo day.

What a work of art! Aussie V8 or Bugatti recreation? No contest.
    Last edited by ERC; 11-06-2017 at 09:47 PM.

SUNDAY 18th 2018 EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

"Just a note to let you know that Chelsea has been cancelled this year due to safety concerns to public and entrants."

With the Chelsea Sugar Works cafe now open 7 days a week, no real surprises there. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    SUNDAY 18th 2018 EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED

"Just a note to let you know that Chelsea has been cancelled this year due to safety concerns to public and entrants."

With the Chelsea Sugar Works cafe now open 7 days a week, no real surprises there. Shame.
    Damn Shame Ray, I had heard via Oldfart. Lets hope that some wise heads can get together and perhaps hold every Second Year.
    The writing was on the wall with the New Cafe and the Refinery Tours, which even our grand-daughter has done recently, A Chelsea Primary School visit to the Refinery..

I would think that the newness of the cafe might have had a bit of an effect, and may wear off in time for next year?
    There were apparently other issues, one relating to alternate footpaths being repaired too.