Thread: Bruce Blacklock collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Roger,
    With those wide front wheels and double over riders, did you use the Mini for starting the midgets at Western Springs ?
    That's a real "chic magnet" mate.
    Where is the steering wheel ? Sorry I forgot that I am the one that lives where you drive on the "Parkway" and park in the driveway !

KH
    Ken H, funny you should say that push car at the Springs, those double Over-riders helped save the car one day up near Matapouri, Northland as i slid around a bend on a metal road and went front first into an earth bank.
    That car got quite modified with twin SU carbs, a Cooper exhaust manifold, the pressed steel one, and a Rob Williams special exhaust with a Massey Ferguson Tractor Muffler [ no sales tax - agricultural equipment - before the GST regime ] with the baffles knocked out. The interior dash was modified too !!
    The partially blacked out grille and the little stripe helped it go faster .. Tui ad Yeah Right !!.

The Fergie muffler look

Name:  My cars #9 First Mini - the Tractor Muffler CCI05022016_0001 (790x800).jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  179.9 KB

The Dash with Barnacle brand " Oil Gauge and Ammeter" , Smiths Temperature Gauge and a Smiths Tach

Name:  My cars #12 First Mini modified dash June 1968 CCI05022016_0004 (800x780).jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  129.1 KB

Just noticed the foot operated " Dip Switch ", not to be confused with " Dip Stick " that is either under the bonnet or the guy behind the steering wheel..

Chick Magnet - well the jury still out on that, however prior to having " A Car " very hard to get a good night out," meet you at the bus stop in town " did not work
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 11-21-2017 at 05:57 AM.