Thread: Video Of The Day: Wringing Out A Cosworth GAA

Video Of The Day: Wringing Out A Cosworth GAA

You'll need to turn the sound up for this one. This is Massimo Guerra's 3.4 litre Cosworth GAA powered Capri RS3100.

Its not an original 1974 ETCC racer, rather a very accurate replica. Most importantly, it sounds every bit as epic, and the enthusiasm and bravery with which its driven is impressive.

Did I mention the noise! Turn the sound up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    You'll need to turn the sound up for this one. This is Massimo Guerra's 3.4 litre Cosworth GAA powered Capri RS3100.

Its not an original 1974 ETCC racer, rather a very accurate replica. Most importantly, it sounds every bit as epic, and the enthusiasm and bravery with which its driven is impressive.

Did I mention the noise! Turn the sound up.

Wish the V6s in current F1 cars sounded as good as the GAA!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Wish the V6s in current F1 cars sounded as good as the GAA!
    Me too!

Semi-Pro Racer
    Big screen with good sound system - damn but it sounds - and looks great!

Semi-Pro Racer
    About three years ago the Chevron B30 F5000 car originally built for David Purley was brought to NZ. This car was unusual in that, although it was a F5000 car, it was powered by a GAA motor and not an American V8. I met the owner (an Englishman prominent in the race car engineering field) whilst staying at the old pub in Huntly. He spends about half his year in NZ and half in the UK. His intention was to prepare it for F5000 racing here but I have not seen or heard anything of it since. Hopefully it will surface and provide us with some aural delights.

The Chevron was taken back to the UK for a major refurbish, along with another couple of cars he has. I'm unsure whether it has gone back to Kerikeri, but will ask.
    Update, the car is in NZ, some bits taken to the UK and may be re-assembled this summer.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 11-23-2017 at 04:21 AM.

World Champion
    That Cosworth GAA V-6 motor was a great sounding engine.
    Name:  Cosworth GAA engine.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  154.3 KB

There is some interesting reading regarding the RS 3100 Capri in this article from the Jan 2016
    Australian Muscle Car magazine.

https://www.pressreader.com/australi...83003988837239
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 11-23-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
    About three years ago the Chevron B30 F5000 car originally built for David Purley was brought to NZ. This car was unusual in that, although it was a F5000 car, it was powered by a GAA motor and not an American V8. I met the owner (an Englishman prominent in the race car engineering field) whilst staying at the old pub in Huntly. He spends about half his year in NZ and half in the UK. His intention was to prepare it for F5000 racing here but I have not seen or heard anything of it since. Hopefully it will surface and provide us with some aural delights.
    last I heard the car was in kerikeri and the rebuild was well under way, they were waiting on new bag tanks from the UK