Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subjects Wanted For Toyotas In New Zealand Book

Did Ross' dad Graeme have some too? I know he did Gold Star Trials, but not sure about whether he used Toyotas, but somewhere rattling in the peabrain there is a connection.

Weekend Warrior
    Grahaeme Meekings was one of the early Toyota sales reps,he sold cars for Cable Price at Te Rapa Hamilton. Cable Price and Wrightcars were the original NZ dealers for Toyota. I remember Graeme was a Gold Star triallist and a MANZ steward. He never did stage rallies like Ross. I think he did a Hamilton Car Club rally of the pines in the late 60s. Ross probably used Toyotas through his fathers connection.Tragically Graeme died suddenly as a result of a medical condition just before Ross got very involved with rallies. I know father would have been proud of his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Hirst View Post
    Have lovely red 1991 celica convertible
    Hi Kevin, sounds perfect! You're in. Can you please send me an email: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    And a Corolla before that!
    Of course something in there about the Amon involvement with Toyota.
    Hi Rhys, is there somewhere I can get the story on Amon's involvement with the NZ Toyotas?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Hi Rhys, is there somewhere I can get the story on Amon's involvement with the NZ Toyotas?
    If you can get hold of a copy of this Toyota mag it has an article on Amon's involvement with the company.

Name:  img255 (2).jpg
Views: 605
Size:  155.9 KB

Hi Milan, many thanks. Do you have a copy of this and could you possibly send me a scan?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Hi Milan, many thanks. Do you have a copy of this and could you possibly send me a scan?
    Will do

Thanks Milan, much appreciated.

The Straight Line varietyName:  24796233_10210066656372864_2652292764573689043_n (Small).jpg
Views: 578
Size:  85.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by chaindrive View Post
    The Straight Line varietyName:  24796233_10210066656372864_2652292764573689043_n (Small).jpg
Views: 578
Size:  85.8 KB
    Wow, that is cool! Can I get a copy of it please?

OK folks, the book is coming along well. I've been inundated with people wanting their Toyotas featured in the book and should end up with a good mix of classic cars, modified road cars, race cars etc. Old rear wheel drive Toyotas are hugely popular with the twenty-somethings I've discovered!

I'm after photos to help with the book, and was hoping people here could help. They include:

1: Trevor Crowe's two Toyota Starlets and his Corolla Chev
    2: Any Toyotas racing in either B&H 500, B&H Endurance Series, another other racing category in the 1970s and 1980s
    3: Toyota rally cars
    4: Toyota powered Formula Pacifics
    5: Toyotas racing in the 2 Litre NZ Touring Car Championship in the 1990s
    6: The Altezzas that raced the 2 Litre NZ Touring Car Championship (run by Barry Tomlinson?)
    7: Pics from the Toyota Racing Series
    8: Pics from the Toyota 86 Series

Also, I'm trying to find someone with a first gen Corolla thats in original condition and not modified.

Please flick me an email if you can help with any of the above: theroaringseason@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Steve, Can you copy that pic or do you need something else. That car was built by my son some moons ago
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by chaindrive View Post
    Steve, Can you copy that pic or do you need something else. That car was built by my son some moons ago
    Tony
    Hi Tony, its quite small so won't print very well as it is.

Steve.........I've Emailed one. Don't know if it's any different. Can't help you with more
    Tony

Further to my request on post #32, does anyone have photos of any of the Toyotas Chis Amon drove? They can be road cars or race cars.

He drove a Camry in Targa 2003 with Murray Walker as navigator. Plenty of photos on Groundsky website.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    He drove a Camry in Targa 2003 with Murray Walker as navigator. Plenty of photos on Groundsky website.
    Brilliant! Thanks Allan. I also have a vague recollection of him racing a fourth generation Celica in circuit racing. From memory it was part of a two-car Toyota supported team?

World Champion
    Steve,
    Is this NZ Toyota brochure photo from 1985-86 of any interest to you ?

Name:  Toyota Corona Amon.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  165.9 KB

(Ken H ..you will understand the early hour as it is my colonoscopy check up today !)

World Champion

Blast from the Past Chris Amon Targa NZ 2003
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 05-10-2018 at 12:34 PM.