Thread: "Ye Olde Moggy"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A sad one I'm afraid. Back in the mid 1960's I was involved in the UK's first Scout and Guide Group. The bubbly lady who was in charge of the Guides had a ratty old Morris Minor convertible.

When she changed jobs and became a Probation Officer, she updated to a VW Beetle. Early in 1970, she was killed in a head on car crash. The other car was - you've guessed, a Morris Minor.

The company my dad worked for had a Morris Minor Ute. He brought it home a few times and I had the pleasure of driving it to the local filling station - 3 doors away... It lived outside and Dad used to leave a small paraffin (kerosene) heater underneath in winter and then started it on the starting handle. It always fired first time as do most A series engines.

My brother, who played drums, had two Morris Minor Travellers as they were ideal for carrying his kit. Nicknamed 'Bullit'...

Followers of the UK Coronation Street will be aware of 'Roy Cropper's' Minor Traveller - immaculate but fitted with highback seats!

Who could forget Lovejoy's Convertible - 'Miriam'? Alloy wheels and sporty exhaust.
    Last edited by ERC; 11-30-2017 at 02:09 AM.