Thread: "Ye Olde Moggy"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion

"Ye Olde Moggy"

There does not seem to be much on this forums except for the "Morrari" about a vehicle that many of us were around when growing up, either a visit from the "aunties", working on them as apprentice mechanics etc.They got left behind to Minis and Anglias etc..and they were not very cool but I have fond memories of the "Moggy". ( Morris Minor )
    Some still argue what the G stands for in MoWoG from either Garages, Group or the G from MG but there is no doubt the Morris Minor is a classic and I am glad it did not go with the original idea of being called a Morris Mosquito !
    I was blessed to buy a Moggy 1000 in 1972 to trundle around London. It looked like the one featured in the BBC series
    "Call the Midwife" but although mine wasn't used for that it was not through lack of trying ! Although my 983ELD Minor did not compete it certainly went to a lot of races while I had it and was a regular taxi from the Trojan cafeteria to the Trojan Racing workshop in Croydon transporting staff such as Patrick Head and Barry Sheene, VDS Team members, Graham Donaldson plus Neil Doyle and showing Donn Anderson and Graeme Lawrence around when they visited in 1973.
    Name:  Ken's Moggy. Dec. 1972.jpg
Views: 1240
Size:  135.7 KB
    Outside 34 Outram Rd, Croydon. Christmas 1972.

Name:  Ken's Moggy at the Trojan Works. 1973.jpg
Views: 1221
Size:  163.6 KB
    The Moggy 983 ELD at Trojan Racing in a Stirling Moss autographed photo.
    Bob Evans posing by his Trojan F 5000 car a brand new T101

(Ken Hyndman )
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 11-30-2017 at 08:27 AM.