Thread: What's the answer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    was that the guy building it for himself with a F1 car. Suffered in the earthquake?

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    was that the guy building it for himself with a F1 car. Suffered in the earthquake?
    I thought he was much nearer to Kaikoura than Nelson. From what I have seen he has built the track, and car(s?) very private. The Nelson area one was supposed to be very commercial, including kart tracks, off road, track experiences.... sound familiar? but I can make 2 + 2 = anything I like.

Weekend Warrior
    I like to take my motor home to motorsport events, out of the places I have taken it Taupo motor sport park ( Bruce McLaren) is the only place that charges reallistic affordable prices, I paid $25 a night for a powered site.
    At the Lead foot it is $100 unpowered site for the weekend which is very expensive ( this event may well be a once every 3 or 4 year event for me to attend )
    I went to the HD 101 in 2016 and paid $100 to camp there with no power, I went back in 2017 and stayed at the Huntly camping ground for $15 for a powered site also used their shower ( saved cleaning mine ) I also went back to Huntly when attending the average Bathurst festival.
    My wife and I are are members of the NZ Motor caravan assn,(most owners are ) the majority of motor camps are considerably cheaper than HD or Leadfoot and ofer a lot more facilities. We have stayed at Clubs and recognised parks without using their facilities between $10 and $20 per night for 2 people.
    I enjoyed Taupo last weekend and was impressed what they have done for catering for motorhomes.A large number of competitors and spectators use them for accomodation and tow vehicles.
    Peter