I like to take my motor home to motorsport events, out of the places I have taken it Taupo motor sport park ( Bruce McLaren) is the only place that charges reallistic affordable prices, I paid $25 a night for a powered site.
At the Lead foot it is $100 unpowered site for the weekend which is very expensive ( this event may well be a once every 3 or 4 year event for me to attend )
I went to the HD 101 in 2016 and paid $100 to camp there with no power, I went back in 2017 and stayed at the Huntly camping ground for $15 for a powered site also used their shower ( saved cleaning mine ) I also went back to Huntly when attending the average Bathurst festival.
My wife and I are are members of the NZ Motor caravan assn,(most owners are ) the majority of motor camps are considerably cheaper than HD or Leadfoot and ofer a lot more facilities. We have stayed at Clubs and recognised parks without using their facilities between $10 and $20 per night for 2 people.
I enjoyed Taupo last weekend and was impressed what they have done for catering for motorhomes.A large number of competitors and spectators use them for accomodation and tow vehicles.
Peter