Thread: What's the answer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I believe we all need to make the most of what we have as we'll all be gone(as in RIP) before the sport dies.............nothing is perfect, circuit racing is in a minority these days and is slowly tapering off, its death knell will be financial RE: becomes too expensive for competitors so they stop turning up and we have no spectators anyway, then its all over. Hampton over time will be consumed by housing and gone, Puke is protected by the horse people.....

Anthony, you are correct about Speedway, they are more organized and put on a great show and don't keep adding new classes, the BIG plus is it is only 3 hours of your time on a Saturday night, an easy sell.

CAMS Australia have controlled circuit motorsport particularly historic racing with an iron fist and reap the rewards today(they still have issues but minor) were MSNZ;s total hands off approach has ruined it over here.............I even have a breakaway group trying to form within HMC because they don't like what I'm doing, and are infact quite entitled to do so under our NZ system were anyone with an idea can go "Hey, lets start a class" and you are also rite Anthony, unless you have your family or young persons coming though the said class will eventually die.

On the flip side, at Hampton Festival, although no crowd the Central Muscle Car guys had a 30 car grid and put on a great show, now that is one expensive class, you can almost see the $100 bills blowing by in the pits yet they always turn up with a large grid, they have more cars in the build some upwards of $400K, there entry fee's are expensive and yet they always have numbers..............hell they even took 30 cars to Bathurst last year and had to be back in 3 weeks time for the Hampton 101 and then a week later Puke Supercar round, can you imagine the spend to do this? so why is this so just for this class(I consider then NZ premier Tier 1 group) so we can't say its about the money as that's not the case with these guys, and as we speak they have 30 cars going to the South Island for Skope and Timaru.......no other group can do this?
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-23-2018 at 10:15 PM.