Thread: Historic Sports Sedans & All-Comers . Taupo 2018 and beyond.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion

Historic Sports Sedans & All-Comers . Taupo 2018 and beyond.

As I grew up going to races in NZ that had original versions of these All-Comers in the field it was great to see how they have been restored or later versions brought back to compete again thanks to dedication and hard work of the owners, drivers and tireless organizing and giving of their time, for example people such as John McKechnie and others.
    The category limits cars to as they raced more than 15 years ago and provides racing for cars that are not quite fast enough to race with more modern racers and do not fit into other historic and classic classes.
    I was away overseas during the 70s and 80s when these sports sedans were in their heyday so this class was so interesting for me to be around and my photos do not do them justice so any other inputs are appreciated.
    The camaraderie and sharing of stories and tools was a joy to witness. I saw a group of drivers share a unit and laughing the night away and going out and battling hard on the track the next day..great stuff.
    I wanted this thread to be used by all and keep updated long after the Historic Taupo thread has faded away.
    I am not an expert on the rules and regulations so please enter what is necessary.
    I think these modified cars are unique just to NZ ?
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 01-30-2018 at 07:48 PM. Reason: .