Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: Holiday Snaps - Part 2

I loved the place. So many that look as though they finished the race and were taken straight to the museum. Thanks Steve. I have so many pics I took while on my trip, but very tedious to post

Thanks Rhys, I really enjoyed the museum, its an absolute must for any race fan. The French cars were the highlight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    The information plaque for each vehicle tends to discuss the make and model, rather than the actual chassis. Therefore, I assume this to not be the actual 1991 race winner (the first and only Japanese car to win outright), but rather a sister car or factory replica.

Attachment 51069
    Hi Steve

Loving your photos and I love this era of Group C Sports Cars. My understanding is that the 1991 winning chassis is in the Mazda Museum in Hiroshima.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by touringcarfan View Post
    Hi Steve

Loving your photos and I love this era of Group C Sports Cars. My understanding is that the 1991 winning chassis is in the Mazda Museum in Hiroshima.

Anthony
    Thanks Anthony, that makes total sense to me. I assumed the car in the Le Mans museum was either a sister car or a mock-up chassis designed to celebrate the win. Mazda entered three cars in 1991, so they have several chassis'.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post

Jean Rondeau was a very clever man and a fine driver, sadly gone way too young

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    Jean Rondeau was a very clever man and a fine driver, sadly gone way too young
    I agree Sean, and his cars just had so much charisma.

As well as the race cars, the Le Mans museum also features a large number of road cars. Many are of French origin.

Name:  IMG_4308.JPG
Views: 282
Size:  132.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4309.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  140.9 KB