Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Holiday Snaps - Part 2

This room was impressive. It featured a large scale model of the race track, as well as a number of hand built dioramas from different eras. Then, the entire wall section which wrapped around the room was fitted out with cabinets displaying models car. My photos don't do it justice.

Name:  IMG_4353.JPG
Views: 366
Size:  137.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    My wife loved this one, she is a big Citroen fan, particularly of the SM.

Attachment 51548
    That's a French Cadillac for sure. As only the French could do. I love the rear quarter window style. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
    That's a French Cadillac for sure. As only the French could do. I love the rear quarter window style. Cool!
    They're fitted with a Maserati V6 engine. I think they move along pretty quickly. They were used for rallying too I think.

Niki Lauda owned one back in the '70s which recently came up for sale. I imagine it was quite expensive.

Great photos Steve, Thanks for sharing them. I guess that makes the trip fully tax deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Great photos Steve, Thanks for sharing them. I guess that makes the trip fully tax deductible.
    Thanks Bruce, glad you're enjoying them. I'd love for it to have been tax deductible, but the fact we were gone for two months could be a hard sell!

OK, once we were done with the museum, we headed out to take a look at the track. I did enquire about driving the rental car around the track, but was kindly told Non Monsieur. I guess it could be possible to walk around it, but it'd take a long time, and time wasn't on our side. But it was exciting for me to see that famous pit straight, grandstand, and sweeping first corner that I've seen in so many times in books, magazines, and on tv.

Name:  IMG_4381.JPG
Views: 271
Size:  145.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4384.JPG
Views: 252
Size:  110.2 KB

Next time Steve! The bit you have the photos of is pretty much the only part you can't drive round. The majority is public roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Next time Steve! The bit you have the photos of is pretty much the only part you can't drive round. The majority is public roads.
    Thanks Rhys, yeah I figured that was probably the case. As always though, time was in short supply.

I'm not entirely sure why I took a photo of this Mustang at a roadside service area, other than the fact it looked so out of place against the mostly very small French cars that were everywhere.

Name:  20180109_105931.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  149.4 KB

As I mentioned earlier, I have a thing for very small vehicles, particularly the older vintage types from the 1950s. But in many European countries small vehicles are still very popular. This little inner city truck was being carried somewhere.

Name:  20180109_135119.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  178.6 KB