Folks, I've had a request from my good friend David Evans in England. His close friend and well known UK historic racer Nick Topliss recently purchased the Rob Walker 1961 Cooper T53 raced by Stirling Moss, chassis F1-7-61. The car has been in a museum in Laguna Seca for many years.

David and Nick are wanting to gather as much history on the car as possible, particularly its time spent down-under. As can be seen below, the Cooper is believed to have raced in New Zealand and Australia during the 1961/62 Tasman Series. However, whats not totally clear is who drove it. This is from David:

"I have checked the first three events in the UK and Moss did indeed win them all in this car.

"Then it starts to get difficult.

"I am assuming that as the car was manufactured in 1961 and was raced in the UK that summer then the Lady Wigram Trophy would have been the one held on the 20th January 1962 but the results that I can find say that Moss did win the event, but in a Lotus 21 Climax and the first T53 to finish was Surtees in 3rd place. Do you have any info on this event and equally importantly any photos of the T53's that took part?"

To that end, David and Nick are after photos, race programmes, press coverage, and anything else relating to this car, and to these events, to help them compile as much information as they can on the car.

Can you help?

Name:  IMG_8278.JPG
Views: 1085
Size:  127.1 KB