Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodwood 76th Members Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    The Bolster will be the highlight in my opinion!
    Unfortunately at Goodwood it appears that the ex Bob Jane Lotus Cortina was destroyed. No doubt it will be repaired but how much will remain of the original car will be interesting to see.

World Champion
    Not exactly ideal conditions for Formula 5000 racing !

Name:  Begg-FM5-Chevrolet-135256.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  168.6 KB
    Scott O'Donnell from Christchurch driving the Begg FM5/2

Name:  Trojan-T101-Chevrolet-135253.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  171.7 KB
    Mike Sidgwick driving the Trojan T101 / 103 that Jody Scheckter had driven in 1973.
    I can remember the rush at Trojan Racing to get this car finished in time to make the North American L&M F5000 Series, April 1973.

(photos from "Ultimatecarpage.com" )

Their full Goodwood 76th Members' Meeting coverage is at this site with some 200 wonderful photos.
    https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gall...od-135350.html

(Ken H)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 03-25-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Thanks for those links Milan. I'm almost of the opinion that the grids for the members meeting are possibly better than the Revival.

Here you are Steve. 1963 Marina Rolls Royce. Unfortunately, as I wasn't there for either practice or the race 2009 (one of the other problems is the schedule - the cars that practice last on the Friday night, are also the last to race on the Sunday night, which is terrible scheduling, especially as the same groups are so affected every year), so no action pics. First is 2004 at the Festival of Speed and the second is at the Revival 2009.

This year, I have decided that even if I have to have a nana nap during the day, then join the long queue to escape, I'm determined to see the cars I usually miss.

Attachment 52590

Attachment 52591
    Thanks Ray, great photos and nice looking car. By coincidence, I was reading my latest issue of Historic Motor Racing News last night and the 1964 Attila Chevrolet pictured alongside in your bottom photo was being advertised for auction. Another quirky early Group 7 car.