Thread: Goodwood Revival Photo Project

Goodwood Revival Photo Project

Decided recently that I needed to go through my old Goodwood Revival photos (2004-2008) as a bit of a personal project and put together a book of images. I thought it would be a great opportunity to not only do something worthwhile with my images, but also relive that wonderful time in the UK.

Although I have already processed a few, I will probably also re-visit some of those, as the processing software has improved dramatically over the past 10 years. Anyway, here is my first one... the start of the RAC Tourist Trophy race, with Law and Reid in the Lister Jaguar Coupe up front, closely followed by the Ferrari 330 LMB of Hardman and Verdon-Roe and the Jaguar E-Type Lightweight of Brundle and Newey... obscured behind the Lister.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great shot Superroo69, looking forward to seeing these pics!
    Thanks very much for sharing
    Cheers

Wow, great action shot. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Me too!

Although my wife's health issue meant that we had to cancel our planned cruise, the silver lining is that I have been allowed to go to Goodwood - oh, and see my son and grandson!

Keep those photographs coming. Love that Costin Lister.

Catch up possible Ray?

I am looking forward to more of these pics if the first is anything to go by, we are in for a treat!

I'm looking forward to this one.

Hi guys

Thanks for the positive feedback... and don't worry, more are coming!!!

Just so you know, the first image was from 2008 and taken with a Nikon D200. The next image comes from 2004 (when it all began) and was shot with a Nikon D70. If you are wondering why I am mentioning this, its because digital photography was still relatively new back in 2004 and went through some significant changes by the time 2008 rolled around. Compared to today, these cameras didn't have much resolution but - as you will hopefully agree - we still were able to get some reasonable shots.

This next image is reasonably special to me, as it was actually my first Goodwood shot and deals not with cars racing around that fabulous track, but with one of the wonderful displays, that the Goodwood people put together each and every year. In 2004, I think Bugatti was the featured marque and so they put together this wonderful garage display... the attention to detail was tremendous and gives just a glimpse of the effort put in, each and every year. Hope you like it.
    Name:  Waiting-for-Service_B.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  193.6 KB