Thread: 29 December 1974 Bay Park Event

29 December 1974 Bay Park Event

Does anyone have a magazine featuring the race report from this event? I assume Motor Action as Motorman didn't do much race coverage by this stage. I'm after the BNSW races if anyone can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Does anyone have a magazine featuring the race report from this event? I assume Motor Action as Motorman didn't do much race coverage by this stage. I'm after the BNSW races if anyone can help?
    Steve, The only " MotorAction " I have is the 19th April 1974 Edition # 20 [ cost 40 cents ] which had the Bay Park Easter Event ; 2 and 1/2 pages of words and photos.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I do Steve

Quote Originally Posted by seaqnmac27 View Post
    I do Steve
    Hi,

I am also chasing the results from the Dec 1974 Bay Park meet where Allan Moffat raced his Mustang in the Union Travel colours, if you would be able to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

By chance would you also have the results for his races at Wigram on Jan 19th 1975, I can only find out the results for one race where he started on pole and finished 5th.

Kind Regards,

Peter (Moff9)

Baypark ; 1967 - 1995.

Moff9 - Peter,

I can ask Graham Woods or Bob Homewood, both of whom have huge archives of Programmes and Results, - just now have sent a request off.
    - also Milan Fistonic a TRS member has a lot of information on events ..

Just for interest here is a brief - very brief summary of Baypark events over the years.

Name:  Baypark #21 - brief Timeline 1967 - 1995 copy Graham Woods  (2).jpg
Views: 370
Size:  120.7 KB

Below - the two photos that appeared on the Last Programme from Baypark April 1995 - a Sad day for NZ Motorsport

Name:  Baypark #3 20 Years Ago  programme back page ; Kiwiboss TRS.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  39.0 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 04-17-2020 at 05:00 AM. Reason: update - just now ... ###47

Wigram 1975 - the over 4200cc class - Allan Moffat - the entry list - from Graham Woods.

Name:  Motor Racing Wigram #31 Wigram OSCA BNSW cars January 1975 entry list Graham Woods .jpg
Views: 347
Size:  148.3 KB

Not results but a start !!

Not results but a start !![/QUOTE]

Thank you Roger and Graham. Maybe there was only one race at Wigram, not two.

What happened to Bay Park ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moff9 View Post

What happened to Bay Park ?[/QUOTE]

Moffat did two races at Wigram in 1975. As you know he finished fifth in the first race. In the second he retired after 10 laps with a puncture and an oil leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Moff9 View Post

What happened to Bay Park ?[/QUOTE]

This is what happened at Bay Park in December 1974. From Motoraction.

Name:  img092 (2).jpg
Views: 288
Size:  177.0 KB