Interesting Rhys, as to enter a club sprint at Curborough, when I last called in, (2004) was £85. I competed many, many times there and you generally got just two practice and maybe two or three timed runs! At that time, there was also a huge shift to organised track days at circuit such as Donington, as official race entry fees were rising so fast.

The same thing was on the cards here but if the track owner imposes such restrictions, then the options for those not wanting to get into the somewhat more risky and expensive racing, are effectively being shut out.

I too have worn a foam collar and I do own a Defnder FHR, but quite honestly, didn't get on with it at all, so never actually raced wearing it.

What most don't realise is that the angle of your driving seat dictates the device, so if any driver runs more than one car, say a single seater with an inclined seat and a saloon with a very upright seat, they may well need two devices, as the range of adjustment is either limited or there is no adjustment at all and they are totally fixed. Be very aware that you cant just 'buy a restraint' and all will be well.

I'm a bit out of date with the current helmet requirements and not so long ago, not all helmets were suitable for having the posts fitted for the tethers.

I can't stress too highly that before purchasing, a restraint or a helmet, drivers should seek professional advice from a respected supplier.

http://www.chicane.co.nz/products.asp?CategoryID=9