Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This is getting ridiculous

A little further to the comment about seats with HR (halo). I have been speaking with the designer/conceptualiser. The HR wings are designed in such a way that they should not be forward of the eye sockets, so that 90 degree vision is available without turning the driver's head. If the "wings" are forward of that point with helmet worn, there is something not right. I'm guessing that very few people have peripheral vision to that extent, so it's inevitable that the driver will turn his head, thus the eye on that side would be behind the wing. Awareness of other cars should be from proper mirror use?
    Escape from the car.. if the HR is an issue, perhaps there is an installation issue?

Have just checked with the Super-Kart guys about the FHR
    I was told that they are different because they dont have seat belts...so no FHR needed.
    Only passing on what I was told

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Have just checked with the Super-Kart guys about the FHR
    I was told that they are different because they dont have seat belts...so no FHR needed.
    Only passing on what I was told
    I understand that many of them (don't know about super karts) use a chest mounted system for neck support, especially the younger drivers.