Thread: RALPH WATSON Memorabilia

RALPH WATSON Memorabilia

The late Ralph Watson left a rather untidy will with which I became involved as an executor and trustee. I now have legal title to all his chattels which include a considerable collection of written matter, i.e back dated magazines, club bulletins, reference materials and also photographs, trophies etc. I wish to locate and distribute this memorabilia appropriately and in accordance with his wishes.

There are three or four pertinent legal questions which I would like to have confirmed but do not wish to leave myself vulnerable in respect of carte blanch solicitors fees.

Do we have a sympathetic legal beagle amongst us who could assist? A law student with reference data on hand could be ideal. Legal responsibility in respect of advice provided would not be expected. The matters involved would not involve more than phone conversations.

I am also eager to locate a personal solicitor who I can trust, having in the past experienced much
    negligence and therefore I would much appreciate personal recommendations.

Obviously in certain instances a personal message would be appropriate.

Sincerely, Trevor.
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 08-19-2018 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    The late Ralph Watson left a rather untidy will with which I became involved as an executor and trustee. I now have legal title to all his chattels which include a considerable collection of written matter, i.e back dated magazines, club bulletins, reference materials and also photographs, trophies etc. I wish to locate and distribute this memorabilia appropriately and in accordance with his wishes.

Sincerely, Trevor.
    I am now looking for good homes for these items and suggestions are welcome.

What about Ray Ferner for anything BSA related as he has the car, and Ralph Smith for the Lycoming related?

I am now looking for good homes for these items and suggestions are welcome.
    There has been quite a lot of interest shown here in presenting historical club records and I am therefore disappointed that no one has shown interest in what must be a unique and extensive collection of automotive Memorabilia. Be very sure that I am not talking about a load of junk.

After having spent a lot of time in respect of legal work, ownership is now absolute and finalised, so tat I can proceed without incurring possible problems.

I am advised that the material remains undisturbed since Ralph's death and after collection, some space will be required in order to sort it all out. I am certain that there will be enough of interest to keep a thread running non stop for many moons, provided that someone has the required enthusiasm and time to take care of what is available. Unfortunately the task is now beyond me.

As an option it could go to MOTAT's library, but sadly that could become the end of it.
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 10-18-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Edited

Trevor

I have sent you a Private Message

Ralph Watson - Special Engineer - his historical archives ;

There has been quite a lot of interest shown here in presenting historical club records and I am therefore disappointed that no one has shown interest in what must be a unique and extensive collection of automotive Memorabilia. Be very sure that I am not talking about a load of junk.

After having spent a lot of time in respect of legal work, ownership is now absolute and finalised, so that I can proceed without incurring possible problems.

I am advised that the material remains undisturbed since Ralph's death and after collection, some space will be required in order to sort it all out. I am certain that there will be enough of interest to keep a thread running non stop for many moons, provided that someone has the required enthusiasm and time to take care of what is available. Unfortunately the task is now beyond me.

As an option it could go to MOTAT's library, but sadly that could become the end of it.
    Bringing the thread to the fore.;

In the course of correspondence between Trevor and I regarding the updated " Ralph Waston - Special Engineer " Book, of which I have just purchased a copy. Trevor is still looking to get Ralph's archives sorted out - he mentioned that they are now stored in a single garage.
    " A ' unique and extensive collection of automotive Memorabilia ' "
    Whilst I am unable to assist -no longer living in Auckland and no longer have a place to store such stuff - others may well be able to.

Have suggested that the McLaren Trust may have an interested, as they have a huge archive these days and are actively sorting and categorising the archives and memorabilia of others.

Trevors Book..

Name:  Motoring Books #190 Ralph Watson SpecialEngineer Trevor Sheffield book .jpg
Views: 295
Size:  66.4 KB

The book contains a photo of the late Ralph Watson and his 1933 Singer competing in an NSCC Winter Trial in 1946- I have an original print of the same photo - as given to me by the late Eddie Dowding -back in the 1970's.
    Notes from my Uncle indicate the location is Macky's / Mackies Rest off the Scenic Drive in the Waitakere's near Auckland City.
    The photo - now must correct my notes as to whose car and the people are.

Name:  NSCC #5 C Early years Mackies Rest Ralph Watson 1933 Singer 1946 CCI26072016_0005 (600x377).jpg
Views: 329
Size:  130.1 KB