....Oh,I can hear it Now, SPEEDWAY???? Solo Bikes,thats not motorsport!!!!!.......Wrong,totally wrong!!!!...very much part of the 'Motorsport' World..........I was trying to find a better word than 'Brave','Crazy' came immediately to mind.....but lets get down to our Kiwi champions of two wheel speed and chrome !!!

Aranui Speedway.....'facebook' has a great site called, 50's,60's,70's & 80's 'living in Christchurch' I think it was started by a lady called 'WENDY'..Godbless her!!...its just worth a look,but its very easy to spend a couple of hours trolling the pictures of Christchurch 'Then and Now'.....

Aranui Speedway has been logged as a thread,only been going 5-6 weeks,John Manhire, would appear to be our new fearless leader,who claims he is happy with the response so far but needs more people/members posting stories/photo's of Aranui and all other New Zealand Speedway venues,Palmerston North,Wellington,Western Springs.....and....I'm sure we at 'The Roaring Season are all seasoned Speedway 'Solo' bike fans...Ronnie Moore, 3 world champion, Barry Briggs, 2 time world champ,Ivan Mauger, 7 times world champion.......not To Shabby !!!!!

My subjestion is lets support Aranui Speedway/living in Christchurch and lets ramp our own 'Forum' and talk Speedways formative years in a 'cash Strapped' community of New Zealand, Saturday night Entertainment with a plus, each year International Stars would be contracted to ride at the NZ circuits,World Champion Ove Fundin,the English test teams,the Australian test teams............Check 'Facebook'........then lets talk Speedway...Frank Shuter Jnr (RIP)Bruce Abernethy of Wellington,Christchuch's Holland Brothers,Mick and Laurie,Bruce Savage, Windy Rees,Syd Harrison, Larry Houston and Mick Houston,Ivan Crozier.........................New Zealand Speedway history,thats the challenge!!..........with regards thunder427/Myles Johnson.......I Went Saturday Night/Aranui with My Father from around 1955 till late 58/59 when a family friend, Earl Wilde was critically injured in a Speed Car and lost his life,in his last race before retirement (RIP)...didn't go to often after that!!!!