Thread: Leadfoot - Lou from "Old" South Wales.

Leadfoot - Lou from "Old" South Wales.

Hi everyone. I was very impressed with the topics on this forum being a big motor sports fan.

I'm currently working on a 63 Ford Falcon Sprint which is a rolling project to turn the car into an FIA replica of the 63 Monte Carlo rally machines. Making changes to the car as time goes by, whilst competing in regularity rallies here in the UK.
    The car spent most of it's life in Texas and is rust free but has the usual hot climate issues of knackered rubbers. It didn't have wipers or washers when I first got it - not something you can do without in Wales!
    Currently running with a 302 and 4 speed B/W box. Fitted front discs and Shelby GT350 spec front suspension. Just taken off the back springs to get them re-tempered, as I couldn't get uprated leaves for a 63 Falcon. Poly bushes and front Koni shocks were sourced from Australia.

The car is decked out as the Ford France car as used to win the 63 Tulip and Geneva rallies driven by Henri Greder.

Name:  Hero 18.1 - Forum.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  184.2 KB

Image from last Septembers Hero challenge rally, Bicester Heritage.

Hi Lou,
    Great to see you on board, The 63 Sprints are a very nice car and great shape. I have a build thread for an FIA 1964 Monte Carlo rally Falcon that I am building exactly to the car that Graham Hill drove #201 in 1964, have a look, if you have not seen it already.

http://www.theroaringseason.com/show...allye-FIA-spec

Happy to help if need be.

Regards
    Paul B

Hi Lou, welcome to The Roaring Season. Its great to have you on board. I love your Falcon Sprint! Those are really superb looking cars. I know the 64/65 cars are popular in European historic racing, but its cool to see an earlier model.

Hi guys

Glad to be onboard. I'll be in touch Paul for some of the info you have and send you the spec of my car. I'll post a few more pictures of my car over the next few weeks.

Lou.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Hi everyone. I was very impressed with the topics on this forum being a big motor sports fan.

I'm currently working on a 63 Ford Falcon Sprint which is a rolling project to turn the car into an FIA replica of the 63 Monte Carlo rally machines. Making changes to the car as time goes by, whilst competing in regularity rallies here in the UK.
    The car spent most of it's life in Texas and is rust free but has the usual hot climate issues of knackered rubbers. It didn't have wipers or washers when I first got it - not something you can do without in Wales!
    Currently running with a 302 and 4 speed B/W box. Fitted front discs and Shelby GT350 spec front suspension. Just taken off the back springs to get them re-tempered, as I couldn't get uprated leaves for a 63 Falcon. Poly bushes and front Koni shocks were sourced from Australia.

The car is decked out as the Ford France car as used to win the 63 Tulip and Geneva rallies driven by Henri Greder.

Name:  Hero 18.1 - Forum.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  184.2 KB

Image from last Septembers Hero challenge rally, Bicester Heritage.
    Wow, impressive and didn't Greder go on to race Corvette's at Le Mans in the 1970's in the 24 Houre du Mans