Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Australian Muscle Cars

I fully understand the amount of effort that goes into something like this and very often for no reward whatsoever at the end of the day. Kiwi's seem to be the main people who can get themselves organised to go overseas and stand the expense to help other race organisers create a great show for their spectators.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    I fully understand the amount of effort that goes into something like this and very often for no reward whatsoever at the end of the day. Kiwi's seem to be the main people who can get themselves organised to go overseas and stand the expense to help other race organisers create a great show for their spectators.
    Your so rite Kiwi285, i have been travelling to the USA once/twice a year for the last 30 years and they(yanks) think its like going to the moon(or something) but i do the PR work and follow it up and then out of the blue i have the odd one stand up like John Watkins(blue 70 Boss at McLaren) and say, "hey" i'll do this!!! and when i shipped my own Mustang up last year for the Shelby Nationals well that just stun'd them!! they thought i was some sort of "money guy" when infact i was the poorest guy there!! but out of all this i've meet some real nice friendly people and thats what i really enjoy!!!

And as for us Kiwi's, one of my American mates thats been down here several times thinks that there are more than 4.5 million of us, because he say's we are everywhere!! even when he vactioned and travelled on the Siberian express several years ago he shared a cabin with a couple of guys from Dunedin!!

In the mean time i'll keep pushing to get these guys down here!!!

Dale Mathers

Semi-Pro Racer
    Ol Jack Ondrack who has been a regular @ SFOS has been racing since ~2002 if not earlier, quite often has a couple of USA/Canadians with suitable cars tag along for the trip, not so much in recent years due to the $$ issue, but once they have been here they find the $$$ stretches a long way in NZ, but they also find Kiwi's are real tough competitors, so if they are under the delusion that race wins are going to be easy pickings it is probably a rude awakening...

got a few shots from MCM Love the racing fuel with the old Ford ?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

more nice things
    Attached Images Attached Images