Thread: Taupo January 19th- 20th 2019.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Demos proved to be a real hit for HSSC fans and entertaining for the spectators

I gave the Team Cambridge Monaro to Rowan Harman..aussiemonza on TRS ...he did 2 X 10 lap sessions with Ken Hydman..after 50 years he finally got his just desserts.
    Rowan had been the custodian of the Monaros Moon manifold and 4 X 48IDA Webers for many years, so this was just reward for him....also convinced him that there was NO way he could buy them back off me.
    Bruce took his buddy Chad out as well in Blue at the same time and all of a sudden it was like Coppins and Moffat in some very stylish overtaking and cornering

Bruce took his 2 daughters out in Blue, we also took Scott and Grant Hawkins-our greatest fans- for a coordinated close passing sessions in the 2 cars.

Also took some of the Taupo flaggies for 3 lap sprints for some excitement as they gave us so much of their time in supporting race day. I had to keep reminding my passengers that we as we were Historics we were actually supposed to slide through the corners

Graham Barnes son Shane also took the old mans Capri for a tankfull of fun.

I was geared up to give Spinner Black some laps in his old Monaro,, but unfortunately he didnt make it

Biggest smile of the day came from Jon Telford, Roger Davis and myself after finally getting Jen Mossman to get behind the wheel of the Mazda RX8 that was built originally just for her. She went out on the track, last seen beating Roger Williams lap record..still hasnt come in yet so we are going to send out the search parties.

Thanks BMMP for scheduling spare time between races for family and friends to enjoy the cars at pace on the track

Monaro and Blue probably did a full season of racing with demos and I think I know Taupo track better.

Extra special big thank you to Angus Fogg who was worked mercilessly for 3 days fixing all manner of car ailments, such as -hub seals on Starlets,test driving Marinas, getting new driveshaft for Blue Friday night at Vegas and checking the water on the Monaro.

Hard Workers Award would have to go to Paul B....after working tirelessly in the HMC/HSC marquee, he finally emerged for his Demo, and the cars had been packed away...next time buddy.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-21-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    The Demos proved to be a real hit for HSSC fans and entertaining for the spectators

I gave the Team Cambridge Monaro to Rowan Harman..aussiemonza on TRS ...he did 2 X 10 lap sessions with Ken Hydman..after 50 years he finally got his just desserts.
    Rowan had been the custodian of the Monaros Moon manifold and 4 X 48IDA Webers for many years, so this was just reward for him....also convinced him that there was NO way he could buy them back off me.
    Bruce took his buddy Chad out as well in Blue at the same time and all of a sudden it was like Coppins and Moffat in some very stylish overtaking and cornering

Bruce took his 2 daughters out in Blue, we also took Scott and Grant Hawkins-our greatest fans- for a coordinated close passing sessions in the 2 cars.

Also took some of the Taupo flaggies for 3 lap sprints for some excitement as they gave us so much of their time in supporting race day. I had to keep reminding my passengers that we as we were Historics we were actually supposed to slide through the corners

Graham Barnes son Shane also took the old mans Capri for a tankfull of fun.

I was geared up to give Spinner Black some laps in his old Monaro,, but unfortunately he didnt make it

Biggest smile of the day came from Jon Telford, Roger Davis and myself after finally getting Jen Mossman to get behind the wheel of the Mazda RX8 that was built originally just for her. She went out on the track, last seen beating Roger Williams lap record..still hasnt come in yet so we are going to send out the search parties.

Thanks BMMP for scheduling spare time between races for family and friends to enjoy the cars at pace on the track

Monaro and Blue probably did a full season of racing with demos and I think I know Taupo track better.

Extra special big thank you to Angus Fogg who was worked mercilessly for 3 days fixing all manner of car ailments, such as -hub seals on Starlets,test driving Marinas, getting new driveshaft for Blue Friday night at Vegas and checking the water on the Monaro.

Hard Workers Award would have to go to Paul B....after working tirelessly in the HMC/HSC marquee, he finally emerged for his Demo, and the cars had been packed away...next time buddy.
    John Mck .. thanks for the story - A great weekend for you all, Cheers.
    P S - Spgeti has posted quite a few photos on a Facebook page - including your Beauty in the pits and on track.
    With his permission I could edit and post them on here - give me a day or two to organise..
    Cheers
    Roger D