Thread: 63 Ford Falcon Sprint rally replica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Over the last few months I've fitted a set of "Tour de France" style air horns, like the one's you hear on the cycling team cars. These were fitted in the same location as the 63 rally cars on the left side of the front panel. As they were red plastic I sprayed the trumpets black so they'd blend in with the background colour.

Name:  IMG_9771.JPG
Views: 648
Size:  88.7 KB

Attachment 61822

I also fitted a custom sump guard which was mounted on a rear engine brace and bracket on the crossmember under the radiator. The cooling holes were drilled as per the guards fitted in 63.

Please excuse the formatting, tried to correct it but got nowhere!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Leadfoot; 05-09-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Over the last few months I've fitted a set of "Tour de France" style air horns, like the one's you hear on the cycling team cars. These were fitted in the same location as the 63 rally cars on the left side of the front panel. As they were red plastic I sprayed the trumpets black so they'd blend in with the background colour.

Name:  IMG_9771.JPG
Views: 648
Size:  88.7 KB

Attachment 61822

I also fitted a custom sump guard which was mounted on a rear engine brace and bracket on the crossmember under the radiator. The cooling holes were drilled as per the guards fitted in 63.

Please excuse the formatting, tried to correct it but got nowhere!
    Leadfoot [ Lou ] and Paul B - both your projects are brilliant - such attention to detail .. Great Stuff Guys !!