Thread: 1970 Camaro Build Thread – From GT Racer To Historic Racer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Did you test at Hampton yesterday Steve? you all happy with it?

Dale Mathers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Did you test at Hampton yesterday Steve? you all happy with it?

Dale Mathers
    Dale,managed to get a few laps in, to bed in brakes, scuff tyres, and general shake down.
    Apart from some tyre rubbing on guards, there were no issues.
    The car moves around a lot on 255 toyos, while we find what pressure is optimum. I will look forward to further test on thursday.
    Certainly doesnt have the punch of a big block ,but more than makes up for it in revs. Lively little suckers these small blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by vette8 View Post
    Dale,managed to get a few laps in, to bed in brakes, scuff tyres, and general shake down.
    Apart from some tyre rubbing on guards, there were no issues.
    The car moves around a lot on 255 toyos, while we find what pressure is optimum. I will look forward to further test on thursday.
    Certainly doesnt have the punch of a big block ,but more than makes up for it in revs. Lively little suckers these small blocks.
    Steady as it goes Steve, took me a good year to fine tune the Mustang once built, and also had to learning to drive it!! but after 7 years its all sorted. With the Toyo's, i start at 23 to 25 cold and don't let them go over 30, when you check Toyo's website it tells the opposite which i tried but i found doesn't work? go figure?

Do you have a good finished picture for up on here?

Dale Mathers

Thats , interesting about pressures Dale, as I read the Toyo website recomendations, in disbelief.
    Anyway I tried 40 psi, and slid everywhere, thinking it was just new the tyres scuffing off crap. Lowered to 37 , still thinking Toyo must know what they are talking about, and it was still very loose.( I was beginning to think I could take up drifting )
    Thats all we had time for on saturday, so I will try 30 psi hot, with the knowledge of years of past experience with other brands of tyres, we have never had pressures that high.
    I look forward to see how you get on with the bluestreaks.