Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1970 Camaro Build Thread – From GT Racer To Historic Racer

Great work Steve, that really looks amazing. Impressive job in such a short space of time.

Name:  photo-2.JPG
Views: 1127
Size:  131.3 KB final assembly begins

That is a big undertaking and beautifully done, a credit to all involved. Can not wait to see it in real life, well done.

Great work Steve, it looks amazing. Do you think you'll make Hampton?

Its looking promising. We are on the dyno wednesday morning, and if all goes well, we will test on friday evening at hampton downs.
    Its been a balls out effort to get to this stage, so hope we are not hampered in these final stages.

Awesome Steve, keep us posted.

A fantastic effort Steve and we will all be rooting for the dyno exercise and testing to go well for you.

Name:  finished 4.JPG
Views: 907
Size:  113.1 KB AND AFTER 4 SOLID WEEKS- I DO THIS TO IT!

Semi-Pro Racer
    How do you get photographs uploaded that big, I am normally told to resize smaller even when under the maximum allowable size.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    What happened Steve?
    Just joking, everything fine.
    It would not hook up properly, had 35 % wheelspin, however we were only there to do air fuel ratio.
    So we re jetted carb, to suit new heads. From info we did get though, I believe we should have about the same power as before, hee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by markec View Post
    How do you get photographs uploaded that big, I am normally told to resize smaller even when under the maximum allowable size.
    mine are around 130kb resized from my iphone, sent to email then , I post them.

Just need to know the HP so i can drill the "spacer plate" holes, LOL. Damn great work Steve, im sure you and Frank no not to too lean it out too much, otherwise lets see you following friday!!

Sure looking forward to seeing the car!! and its going to be Camaro city with the 5 Aussie Camaro's, this one and Gimbletts 67, finally the Mustangs will be out numbered!!!

Dale Mathers
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vette8 View Post
    Just joking, everything fine.
    It would not hook up properly, had 35 % wheelspin, however we were only there to do air fuel ratio.
    So we re jetted carb, to suit new heads. From info we did get though, I believe we should have about the same power as before, hee hee.
    OK, well thats allright then! Bloody fantastic effort on the Camaro Steve, its looks a million bucks!

Fantastic looking machine Steve. Roll on Friday so that we can see it in action again. The countdown has started in earnest

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Fantastic looking machine Steve. Roll on Friday so that we can see it in action again. The countdown has started in earnest
    So right, it is a credit to them.
    Countdown, 6 and a half sleeps