Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent images from my past ~ Nigel Watts Collection Pt 2

Great stuff as always Nigel. I have cut back the number of pics per post from 6 to usually 4, as I seem to have viewing issues on the laptop, and I know Oldfart was also having similar problems, probably due to the amount of memory. Fine on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Great stuff as always Nigel. I have cut back the number of pics per post from 6 to usually 4, as I seem to have viewing issues on the laptop, and I know Oldfart was also having similar problems, probably due to the amount of memory. Fine on the PC.
    Yes, I load all my images via my desktop PC, and while I can load 6 at a time, it does take quite a long time before the site will let me upload. Sometimes I get impatient and just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    It was weird really, for the top part of any page I could get everything quickly, then about the last 3 or 4 posts if there were more than 5 photos it just would not open, and I do use a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    It was weird really, for the top part of any page I could get everything quickly, then about the last 3 or 4 posts if there were more than 5 photos it just would not open, and I do use a PC.
    Had the same problem last few nights on the laptop. Last four posts wouldn't load.

Love the special saloons, as they show individuality, which equals variety. Alfetta and Marina V8's are the perfect examples. They don't even have to be winners to be favourites.

Nigel, why do photos of car 22 the Leda GM1 come out looking orange instead of the STP colour? I thought it must be a fault with my camera until I saw yours were the same.

Name:  IMG_5812 (2).JPG
Views: 418
Size:  156.2 KB

Nigel, why do photos of car 22 the Leda GM1 come out looking orange instead of the STP colour? I thought it must be a fault with my camera until I saw yours were the same.

Name:  IMG_5812 (2).JPG
Views: 418
Size:  156.2 KB[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I've often wondered the same thing. Perhaps a computer geek could enlighten us.

2020 Whangamata Beach Hop on film

Name:  2020-0338.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  166.3 KB

Name:  2020-0344.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  169.7 KB

Name:  2020-0368.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  149.7 KB

Not sure Nigel/Milan, but 'DayGlo' cannot be mixed from rgb (red blue green) nor the three primary colours, (red, yellow and blue), nor the three computer/film colours of cyan, magenta and yellow.

'DayGlo' was I believe the original trade name and back in my screen printing days, the DayGlo inks were quite specific.

From Google:

"DayGlo fluorescent pigments, a new class of pigments based on fluorescent dyes and polymeric materials, were developed between the 1930s and 1950s by scientists at Switzer Brothers, Inc. (now Day-Glo Color Corp.). These pigments absorb various light frequencies (visible and invisible to the human eye) and reemit them, producing intense visible colours that appear to glow, even in daylight. Switzer Brothers, Inc., introduced novel processes that eliminated the limitations in light fastness and colour strength of earlier fluorescent pigments, resulting in new applications in advertising, packaging, flaw detection and safety."

Hope that helps. In a nutshell, without the appropriate pigments, you cannot reproduce DayGlo.
    Last edited by ERC; 02-08-2021 at 01:23 AM.