Quote Originally Posted by bob homewood View Post
Bit of a hard question on the Books ,I guess without being smart I have read my share over the years,yes the Scott Thompson,Roycroft story was a pretty good read and a good addition to the shelves,but the one which I read recently ,I found really good was Kim the Kiwi on the Konig
This is the life story of Kim Newcombe, a little-known Kiwi mechanic who in 1973 came second in the 500cc grand prix motorcycle championship.I found this was a fascinating insight into albeit motor cycle racing ,but you could relate it to any form of motorsport the grass roots engineering and development I am sure many of us can relate to our own pursuits and scarifices of our own branch of the sport. I hope I have not gone of topic here
Bob, there is a great short film on this subject,Kim Newcombe,on www.NZ on screen.com...go to 'Watch',then left margine then click on 'sport' ; 'Love,Speed and Loss'(2005); just amazing what Kim achieved in a country where he could hardly speak the language!!!

Also check out .....Circuits of Gold/Ivan Mauger/1987....Grand Prix Downunder/1957.......regards thunder427/MJ