Thread: Movie of the Day. "Magnificent Machines - The Golden Age of the British Sports Car "

World Champion

Movie of the Day. "Magnificent Machines - The Golden Age of the British Sports Car "

For Roger, Rhys and Ray plus all of us who enjoy and appreciate the Golden Age of British Sports Cars.
    Plus some of us who make a living off those who do !

(Ken H)

Ken H,

Will have to find an hour when " Her Indoors " is Outdoors and I have some peace !!

I have the same problem...

And also some limitations on my downloads. Maybe this weekend in my motel room?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    I have the same problem...

And also some limitations on my downloads. Maybe this weekend in my motel room?
    With Whom ?? or maybe we should not ask !! Cheers Ray ..

On my own...

I go away to work every weekend, seven out of eight I stay in a motel for at least one night.

Thanks for finding this Ken. I feel very proud that you mention me amongst this.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 03-09-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Love the long empty stretches of motorways with the dull family cars well to the left in the slow lanes and the exciting sports roars fast in the fast lane...clear sky of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    On my own...

I go away to work every weekend, seven out of eight I stay in a motel for at least one night.
    Ray, Re " On my own .. " Her Indoors is out at the moment, but am busy with other things on TRS .. so still haven't watched it - The Video ..
    Thanks again Ken

I watched it, quite good...

Though some of the old film clips fell down on continuity. Like they were talking about Austins building cars in the fifties and the film clip showed workers doing bodies from the thirties.

I watched today too. Some interesting comments, and some great footage. Somehow I expected a bit of a more modern take on it.

Very Healey-oriented...

Outstanding was the lack of cars like the Turners, TVRs, Ginettas and the like.

In the commentary on the Sprite it was as if the commentator believed that 'frog-eyed' was an official part of its title. And they didn't mention that a primary reason for those lights was because of height requirements for headlights.

Still good to watch, but flawed...

World Champion
    I apologize for not presenting a perfect movie, at least I enjoyed it as did many of my fellow Moss Motors employees.
    (You can see why when you see the range of client's cars we deal with at Moss Motors "Shop by Model". besides Mazda. )

( https://mossmotors.com/

(Ken H.)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 03-10-2019 at 12:43 AM.

No need to apologise...

It was well worth watching.

No apology needed or anything. Well worth the time to watch. (Even if one of the "experts" was disparaging about fibreglass bodied cars )

Totally rubbished kit cars, I feel...

And didn't the EX181 also do time with a Healey engine?

I know Healeys built a head with four SUs (two on each side) for a record-breaker.