Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RA Vanguard

Hello everyone . Just over two years ago I purchased the Ra4 vanguard. I bought the car as I fly a 1940 warbird and loved the fact the car was made up of Ww2 fighter parts. Back in dec 22 I have instigated a complete restoration and recommissioning of the car in keeping with RichardÂ’s original view to be true to the original design. This is involving a complete engine rebuild with the aim to ensure reliability for racing. (A lot of the budget going on this element!The chassis has been shot blasted and all cracks addressed and now ready for painting. The gear box is a one off and is being rebuilt. (Some major wear on the crown wheel and pinion so we will have to machine a duplicate replacement.) Suspension bungies need replacing like for like . The aim is to have the car completed in early summer where I intend to launch and photo shoot it a Duxford airfield with the fighter collection as they have some p40 kittiehawkes . I am also hoping I can get it racing at Goodwood this year.
    I have tried uploading pics but due to size limitations this is proving challenging . I have posted regular updates on the Facebook group . Grand Prix cars and circuits of the past 1906 - 2006 .. search ra4
    Last edited by Ian jones; 03-23-2023 at 04:34 PM.

Ian - there are several 'resize' programmes around. Just make sure you copy the images first and only resize the copies! Set the size to say 700 pixels wide. Most will resize down to the limits set for this message board.