Thread: Track Photography - from the spectator enclosures

Question Track Photography - from the spectator enclosures

I'm pencilling in three possible overseas events next year. The Goodwood Revival, I know my way around and those who have seen my pics will know that even without any form of media pass, then limited to a 300mm lens, that decent pics are straightforward. ViP access or a media pass would be even better, but I'm happy with what can get.

Donington, Silverstone and Monaco aren't on my list for 2020 and they are not photographer friendly anyway.

One of the two on my (bucket) list is Philip Island - which is hosting a Marcos 60th celebration.

Depending on a family member, who has hooked into a California resident, the Laguna Seca meeting end August is now a possibility.

However, my knowledge of spectator access from a photographic viewpoint, is about zero.

Both appear to corral spectators into small areas, distant from the actual trackside and walking right around the tracks doesn't seem to be possible - which begs the question, apart from the paddocks, are either really worth the effort?

I hope others will add their comments not only for these tracks, but any others.

From what I have seen of Highland Park, most is out in the wops and not photographer friendly either.

If possible, I may even try and get to Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire again, as I have never been with a long lens.

So, come on guys, post your comments on any track, anywhere as information is valuable.
    Last edited by ERC; 04-24-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Cadwell is great, a 200-300mm lens would give you some really good stuff...

The world's best artificial circuit if you ask me.

Lakeside used to be good for photographers, but if that big building in the middle of the pits is still there it wouldn't be so good.

Phillip Island has some good spots and you can drive from place to place too. But a 300mm lens would be important there.