Thread: John Ohlsen - car builder. what happened to the two Katipo's ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Phil Remington is defiantly American, im sure he would luv to know we think he has some "Kiwi" blood as he is considered the master fabricator come problem solver in the USA aftermarket auto industry, and for Shelby American and many other companies he worked for. I have meet Phil a few times when i've visited Dan Gurneys workshop in Santa Ana, CA where he still works, he's been with Gurney for many years, believe he's around 90? Offcourse the likes of Olsen, Butler, Therkleson, Hesketh were all Kiwi's working under him so he has a close affection to kiwi's!! In 2003 i wanted to buy some Gurney Westlake cylinder heads so i went to AAR and knocked on there door, didn't say i was a Kiwi but when asked where i was from, WELL, did i get the Red Carpet treatment and even a personal tour of the shop by Dan himself as he was very close to Hulme and McLaren let alone all the kiwi mechanics!! have been back several times and even took a tour there in 05, just luv it!!

In Picture from left!! Steve and Mike Rorison, myself, Nigel MacDonald(Hawera) and Mr Gurney

Dale Mathers
    Attached Images Attached Images