Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOODWOOD Revival 2019

Dates announced for 2020. Revival is September 11th to 13th. Planning to be there for the three days. Accommodation booked before the dates were announced - Portsmouth, Ibis Hotel. Now I have to plan what I'm doing in the lead up to it in the UK. I'd like to try and catch a car race meeting at Cadwell Park.

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Dates announced for 2020. Revival is September 11th to 13th. Planning to be there for the three days. Accommodation booked before the dates were announced - Portsmouth, Ibis Hotel. Now I have to plan what I'm doing in the lead up to it in the UK. I'd like to try and catch a car race meeting at Cadwell Park.
    Hi Ray,
    Sent you a PM last night.

Cheers

A shot of the Duke of Richmond and Gordon and Lady Suzie Moss at the recent Goodwood Revival.

Name:  IMG_2149 (2) - Copy.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  151.7 KB

Weekend Warrior

Goodwood Revival 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Wow! Nick Swift in the Mini Marcos a real ding dong battle with the winning Lotus Elan. A superb second place. Great close racing.
    My first time at this amazing event. As Autosport magazine says, it has grown to transcend pure motorsport it is simply huge.
    The many thousands who attended each day and probably never saw a race was amazing. It is a place to be seen, to dress up accordingly and consume vast amounts of liquor. To the enthusiast it is mecca, so many cars of so many wonderful eras, no mufflers, no catch fencing, no replicas. Being 60 years of Cooper cars, the celebrations included Sir Jackie Stewart driving the Cooper BMC where it all started and the safety/course car being a Mini Cooper S. The weather was superb all weekend and the racing was just fabulous, made even better by having not only Brendon Hartley driving an AC Cobra, but Roger Wills winning in his Lotus 15 once driven by Bruce McLaren and Ross Jensen at this very track, plus Lindsay O'Donnells NZ built Healey-Corvette and driven by all-rounder Brit driver, Michael Lyons. Made a Kiwi very proud to be part of the O'Donnell excitement. As engine builder and car fettler Eric Swinbourne said with eyes popping, "Thought seeing one D-type was fantastic but too see so many of every marque is amazing!"
    Meeting both Richard Attwood and Derek Bell were personal highlights with both recounting fond memories of their days in New Zealand during the Tasman series, great to Richard driving the works P261 BRM 2 litre V8, and Derek in a Porsche 904. Not sure how to get my pictures up on this site looks like they are a bit big.

Glad you enjoyed it!

If your pics are too large to post:

1) Create a new directory and COPY (not move) the ones you may want to upload. Once you shrink a pic, you can't increase the size back to what it was.

2) Download a free Windows programme called 'Image Resizer' and install it.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/p/im...ot:overviewtab

3) Go to Windows Explorer and select all the pics you want to resize.

4) Right mouse click and one of the options should now be 'Resize pictures'.

5) Input the desired width (I use 700) and hey presto, all should be downsized to less than the TRS limit of 185kb.

Look forward to your pics!

Agree, it is mind boggling to see such iconic machinery that we will never, ever see in NZ and as posted before, the pre 1966 car park alone would keep any enthusiast happy for hours.

Next year, I expect that in the mid Saturday morning, when there is a distinct lack of stuff on track, I may duck out to the car park for an hour or so, just to wander. Knowing my luck, it will probably rain about then...

Later on, we'll start a thread for the 2020 Goodwood.

Brendon Hartley in the AC Cobra he shared with Joe Twyman in the RAC TT Celebration at Goodwood 2019

Name:  IMG_3530 (2).JPG
Views: 498
Size:  165.3 KB

Two of the fabulous cars on track at Goodwood 2019

Name:  IMG_1990 (2) - Copy.JPG
Views: 566
Size:  171.4 KB

Name:  IMG_2142 (2) - Copy.JPG
Views: 446
Size:  183.7 KB

World Champion
    Wonderful photos Milan.
    I especially liked the # 7 Ferrari 250 GTO SWB.
    Was this the actual Rob Walker car that Stirling Moss drove with so much success at Goodwood ?
    Name:  Stirling_Moss_1961 RAC Tourist Trophy winner_Ferrari 250 GT  SWB.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  131.4 KB

Would I be correct in noting the wheels / tyres are wider now than when Stirling raced in 1960 and 1961 ?
    What are the rules etc. for wheel & tyre size in historic racing at Goodwood ?
    Or was this just a demonstration drive ?
    (Ken H)
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 11-07-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Stirling Moss actually drove two SWB 250 Ferraris for Rob Walker. This is the other one. Note the radio aerial as SM was listening to the live commentary on the radio! Note: I doubt NZ would ever broadcast a radio race commentary today and the Herald hasn't even mentioned last weekend's F1 race at all, nor that Lewis is World Champion - again.
    Name:  218_0908_0410.JPG
Views: 494
Size:  116.7 KB

Just noticed that the location of the lateral bonnet stripe is slightly different too.
    Last edited by ERC; 11-18-2019 at 10:15 PM.