I thought I would share some photos of what started this whole journey and lead to the unknown Barry Wearing link to Terry's camaro. I first got interested in an article in Australian Muscle Car on an ex drag racing 1967 Camaro called Captain Rats, the current owner had sent in an article and photo seeking information on its drag racing history. Knowing the camaro may have been sold to a drag racer after Lakis Manticas I wondered if this car could be it. A day searching for the contact details of the owner left me shocked that the car was actually in my home state of Tasmania - small world at times. A conversation with the owner increased my interest as the car was originally red and raced out of Parramatta Sydney, again linkage to Manticas. The car was at the time being restored back to a road car, all the heavily modified floor and quarter panels having being removed but luckily still kept. It was a strong lead and one worth checking out so a drive to Hobart was setup to view the car and the removed panels.

First I needed to try to connect the Barry Wearing Captain Rats car to Lakis Manticas, phone call to him wasn't helpful, not interested in talking. What I did manage was tracking down Barry Wearing in person, that's a whole story in its-self. Great news Barry confirmed that Captain Rats was brought from Lakis, he even had a photo in the album to send through to me.

Damn I think I've found Uncle Terry's car, now off to Hobart to try and buy it.

Name:  IMG_0411.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  172.2 KBName:  IMG_0414.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  140.8 KBName:  1313-d-cas-0067.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  32.1 KB