Thread: Does anyone know what happened to the Barry Wearing 67 Z28 SS Camaro, sold in 74-75

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers Dale, I think your thoughts mirror both mine and my brothers, we are very keen to one day see a tribute car on a race track if we are unable to find the real deal. Its ironic that you have raised this question actually as only last week I put a wanted add on Gumtree.com for a 67 Camaro project car to see what comes up. My thoughts are that if we build a tribute car now that work (running gear) can go into the real car if it ever surfaces.

Certainly watching Elis's footage of the car running a my home track of Symmons Plains gives me further incentive to starting on the project as soon as possible. Just have to finish off the current project first, that's in the paint shop now so its not that far off..!!

I think we'll keep looking for the car in some manner for a while longer, we both feel a sense of responsibility, if those are the right words. Maybe its the potential emotion and satisfaction if we are successful that keeps us interested, who knows, as I've said before at least we can say we have given it a red hot crack.

So in one way or another hopefully one day you will see the Terry Allan Camaro back out there. The idea of a tribute car that can be driven without worrying about bending it also has some positives.

If anyone has or knows of a 67 Camaro that would be an ideal project car let me know the details and we will see what comes from it. Even a basic shell would be a start.

Semi-Pro Racer

If anyone has or knows of a 67 Camaro that would be an ideal project car let me know the details and we will see what comes from it. Even a basic shell would be a start.[/QUOTE]

Nick from Tassie,recently viewed a Camaro genuine tagged RS/SS,Has original 'Cowel Hood',NOS quarters to fit, also some other panels, I viewed the 1967 Camaro at owners (Sam!) request, with the view of restoration,very possible, but his view of cost didnt match the reality of the project,thought at the time it would make a great 'Racer' in Dale's NZ series / Classic Transam in Aust........$ 17.500 Buys the project, good quality guy that owns the Camaro in that he listened,might not totally agreewith my view, but is heeding my concern of 'Budget' Blow-out!!!!!........PM if you wish to contact Sam!!!.......regards thunder427/MJ