Thread: Does anyone know what happened to the Barry Wearing 67 Z28 SS Camaro, sold in 74-75

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Allan also raced the car at the single race 1967 Australian Touring Car Championship on 30 July 1967. It still didn't have the white stripes by this stage, so must have raced this way for at least a couple of months before they were added.

Semi-Pro Racer
    In my Calder prog's of .....

May 25th 1969 ...
    Terry Allan.... Chevy Camaro..... 6500cc ....#5 ......Blue

Mar 1972
    #5 .....Graham Blanchard Motors....Graham Blanchard.....Chev Camaro...White...5700cc

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis View Post
    In my Calder prog's of .....

May 25th 1969 ...
    Terry Allan.... Chevy Camaro..... 6500cc ....#5 ......Blue

Mar 1972
    #5 .....Graham Blanchard Motors....Graham Blanchard.....Chev Camaro...White...5700cc
    Ellis its interesting that Graeme Blanchard raced the car without its Big Block 396 (6500cc) if you can go by the official entry program. What's more it raced as a small block 350 (5700cc) and not the spare Trans Am 302 that Uncle Terry brought over from Bill Thomas Racecars. You would have thought this spare engine would have been sold to Graeme when he brought the Camaro from Terry in 71, although in the NZ advert that Steve posted when Terry had the car for sale, it doesn't mention the spare engine either, interesting!?! I wonder what ever happened to those 2 engines??

It would be great to talk to Graeme Blanchard to find out what he did with the 396 and if he brought the car with the spare Trans Am 302 engine.