Quote Originally Posted by Jon Mello View Post
Nick, California does not keep VIN records back that far. Maybe since the car was exported, some export office or shipping company "might" have records back that far, but I wouldn't know where to begin to look. If you were to somehow find out a VIN, I could compare that the other very early Z-28s and see if it fit in with that group, but that is probably the best I could do. I sent you a private message on the other website on how to contact Ron Ogilvie and you can ask him directly about the two engines. That would be much better than me taking a guess. It sounds like there was a whole bunch of suspension pieces exported along with the car for Terry to tailor the car's handling to his liking. Seems a bit strange that he was reluctant to change anything. Good luck with your search!
Hi Jon, good idea with the import records, they might be worth a try although I'm a bit like you and don't know where to start with it at this point. I'll certainly get back in touch with you if I can get the VIN, it would be good to confirm if the vehicle as a "plain jane" or the "real Z28 deal".

From my conversation with Wayne Mahnken, Terry was reluctant to make major engineering changes to the suspension set up. Wayne suggested that once they convinced him that modifications were needed to improve the handling and performance the Camaro was sent off to a suspension guru, can't recall his name now. From the sounds of it they made major changes to the rear end, including I believe fitting track rods. Wayne said he could most likely identify the car if we found it from some of the work that was done although this could have been changed again when owned by Blanchard.