Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Etceterini; Small Italian race cars built from 1937 to 1965

The 4CV was marketed in Australia from 1949-1961, initially as the Renault 760 and later as the Renault 750.[3] It was imported in both fully assembled and CKD form, with assembly of the latter undertaken in Sydney.[

Well, I did say 'Aussies call them 750s'...

My recollection of these dates right back to when they actually were selling them, and as a keen young kid taking an interest in every car I saw, with a father who knew what they all were, I would say my introduction to the 750 name was about 1951 and I have never heard anyone, not ever, call one a 760.

It would be interesting to see the relevant page in a Glass' Guide.

They were called 750 in 1953

Name:  img439 (2).jpg
Views: 394
Size:  160.9 KB

You remind me, Milan...

I have a small number of Motor Manual editions from that era, I can check them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    The Aussies call them 750s...

Probably modern enough to be from a Dauphine, were they about 900cc?

The R4, Roger, was front engine, front wheel drive.
    Ray and Oldfart yep had forgotten that 4CV, should remember as had a a rental R4 the '80's car - front wheel drive in Noumea in 1984

I've found a couple of references to Renault 760s in early AMS magazines.

This from AMS June 1951

Name:  img443 (2).jpg
Views: 369
Size:  83.7 KB

This from AMS March 1953. The results of the ASSC's Clubmen's Trial

Name:  img444 (2).jpg
Views: 379
Size:  52.8 KB
    Last edited by Milan Fistonic; 01-02-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Yes, I finished up going through the 1949 AMS binder today...

I found the road test (September or October, 1949) and it was referred to as a 760 there.

On the way home tonight I phoned Bob Winley, he's older than me and has a clear memory of this sort of thing too. He doesn't remember them ever being called 760s either. And he had a neighbour with a 750 'from the very earliest times', he said.

The other point I'd like to make about the little blue car is that the louvres over the engine do look a lot like the 4CV Renault louvres.

Having Fiat brakes would have been pretty normal, I'd reckon, as the Renault ones wouldn't have been nearly as good and there was adaptation going on to get the wire wheels as well.

But surely, somewhere on the internet, someone will know exactly what it is?

I have tried communicating with the photographer, no reply yet.
    Ray, if you went back to Aussiefrogs (yes I know) you will find a lot of references to 760s.

Oh?

Only since they did away with me, I'd imagine.

I found the road test (September or October, 1949) and it was referred to as a 760 there.

On the way home tonight I phoned Bob Winley, he's older than me and has a clear memory of this sort of thing too. He doesn't remember them ever being called 760s either. And he had a neighbour with a 750 'from the very earliest times', he said.

The other point I'd like to make about the little blue car is that the louvres over the engine do look a lot like the 4CV Renault louvres.

Having Fiat brakes would have been pretty normal, I'd reckon, as the Renault ones wouldn't have been nearly as good and there was adaptation going on to get the wire wheels as well.

looking at this photo it appears if the nav/passenger is waving to the assembled masses and the driver is studying his GPS to see where the next corner is. lol

Those Etceterinis would have trouble trying to outrun this police car.

Name:  IMG_0776 (2).JPG
Views: 444
Size:  174.4 KB

World Champion
    I have a project for whoever wants to help us.
    From the sticker and logo I found this site that just needs translating (right click ) and finding this little vehicle that Milan has taunted us with !
    ACI Storico home site.
    Name:  ACI.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  13.9 KB
    https://translate.googleusercontent....oY88kHNO2KhIMQ

Bleu de Francais .. oops my French is baD..

Being French-ish - even though at the Italian Grand Prix parade ... The Colour - French Racing Bleu / Blue .. ?? I think 4CV based [ forget my oops about R4 earlier - regardless I like it ..

Police Car versus Clerk of Course Car ..

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    Those Etceterinis would have trouble trying to outrun this police car.

Name:  IMG_0776 (2).JPG
Views: 444
Size:  174.4 KB
    Takes me back to Pukekohe GP late 1960's when this was the Clerk of Course car - forgotten who owned it - details I think on the Pukekohe Thread.. Milan Ken and others were there, no doubt ..

Name:  Pukekohe Jan 1967 GP #8 The Clerk of Course Car - Maserati 3500GT v2, 2CCI13112015 (2).jpg
Views: 346
Size:  74.1 KB

Emails sent to see if we can resolve " Le Petit Bleu"

Be still, my heart...

Looking forward to hearing the response(s).

and the french number plate in #55

and the french number plate in #56 &58

Number plate maybe won't help, as you get a new one when you change address (arondisement) or owner.
    It's a reason why chasing factory French rally cars (in my case Alpines) and histories becomes very blurred, might be a particular car with a new custodian, might be a totally different car. Sorry for going OT.
    EDIT, I'm unsure that's a French plate. I have just gone through all the clubs photos on their website for 2019(none of the car in question, but lots of cool cars) and many of the older cars have plates like this one.
    Last edited by Oldfart; 01-04-2020 at 04:34 AM.

World Champion
    One more photo Roger for you to tell us what this vehicle is.
    Name:  1017717081-LAT-20190908-F1_Italia_2019_02634.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  128.0 KB

(KH)