Thread: Etceterini; Small Italian race cars built from 1937 to 1965

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    Yes, I finished up going through the 1949 AMS binder today...

I found the road test (September or October, 1949) and it was referred to as a 760 there.

On the way home tonight I phoned Bob Winley, he's older than me and has a clear memory of this sort of thing too. He doesn't remember them ever being called 760s either. And he had a neighbour with a 750 'from the very earliest times', he said.

The other point I'd like to make about the little blue car is that the louvres over the engine do look a lot like the 4CV Renault louvres.

Having Fiat brakes would have been pretty normal, I'd reckon, as the Renault ones wouldn't have been nearly as good and there was adaptation going on to get the wire wheels as well.

But surely, somewhere on the internet, someone will know exactly what it is?
    looking at this photo it appears if the nav/passenger is waving to the assembled masses and the driver is studying his GPS to see where the next corner is. lol

Those Etceterinis would have trouble trying to outrun this police car.

Name:  IMG_0776 (2).JPG
Views: 457
Size:  174.4 KB

Police Car versus Clerk of Course Car ..

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Fistonic View Post
    Those Etceterinis would have trouble trying to outrun this police car.

Name:  IMG_0776 (2).JPG
Views: 457
Size:  174.4 KB
    Takes me back to Pukekohe GP late 1960's when this was the Clerk of Course car - forgotten who owned it - details I think on the Pukekohe Thread.. Milan Ken and others were there, no doubt ..

Name:  Pukekohe Jan 1967 GP #8 The Clerk of Course Car - Maserati 3500GT v2, 2CCI13112015 (2).jpg
Views: 359
Size:  74.1 KB