Thread: Evan Noyes - Graeme Lawrence - Brabham BT29

Evan Noyes - Graeme Lawrence - Brabham BT29

I've not been on here much lately sorry. Just wanted to let ya'll know I recently started a Roaring Season YouTube channel. Its a low-buck set-up; just me and my smartphone, and a few basic gismo's.

I'm featuring various historic cars and automobilia collections, and filming as I go.

Here is a short video on the Brabham BT29 raced in period by Evan Noyes and Graeme Lawrence. Its now part of the impressive Rush family collection:

I noticed you hadn't been on here much Steve! Spending too much time on Facebook with stuff you don't put here
    How's the Datsun progressing?

Did anyone else use this car in New Zealand after Graeme Lawrence? Two names that spring to mind are Bill David and Peter Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    I noticed you hadn't been on here much Steve! Spending too much time on Facebook with stuff you don't put here
    How's the Datsun progressing?
    Actually don't spend much time on facebook either Rhys. I just put a couple of posts there a day. Its mostly been my book writing that has kept me away. Datsun is progressing slowly! I'll add a video to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Did anyone else use this car in New Zealand after Graeme Lawrence? Two names that spring to mind are Bill David and Peter Hughes.
    Good question Allan, I'm not sure. Its owned by the Rush family who have quite a large collection, so I just shot 4 cars moving quickly through each one.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    The car was found in bits some years after Lawrence ownership and put back together by Tony Herbert. 1n 1986 David Sharp bought the car engaging Peter Bruin and Geoff Manning to meticulously restore it back its current condition. He put the car up for sale after stopping racing it in 1993. It sat around for 10 years until Murray Sinclair bought it finally ending up in the Rush Collection.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMcD View Post
    The car was found in bits some years after Lawrence ownership and put back together by Tony Herbert. 1n 1986 David Sharp bought the car engaging Peter Bruin and Geoff Manning to meticulously restore it back its current condition. He put the car up for sale after stopping racing it in 1993. It sat around for 10 years until Murray Sinclair bought it finally ending up in the Rush Collection.
    Thank you, thats really great info!

According to Vercoe some of the other names associated with this car are:- Leo Geoghegan, Ken Smith, Peter Hughes, Mark Freeman, Bill David, Stephen Moyle, and Dave Sharp.