My name is Tony Growden, 49 yrs old and I grew up at Buckland, near the Pukekohe Raceway. I remember sitting on the roof of the house and watching the cars come down to the hairpin when I was too young to go by myself.
My older brother took me to most meetings at Pukekohe, Baypark, Waikaraka Park Stockcars, Western Springs, Forest Lake and Rotorua Stocks before I could drive.
The articles on here are fantastic and filled with so much history and memories for me. I look forward to reading and seeing more.
My one regret in leaving NZ and coming to Australia is leaving all my videos, tapes and photographs behind from all these tracks I mentioned above. Unfortunately when my mother moved house after dad died, they were thrown out.
Loved seeing the pictures of the Rhubarb sports cars. They were absolutely beautiful and I think I do still have a B&W shot of one here with me somewhere.
They are having the 50th Anniversary Touring Car meet at Lakeside this weekend and I am frantically trying to shake off the flu so I can go and relive some of my memories of cars I saw growing up at home.