Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockdown

Ruapuna, mid 1960s. Can't remember exactly but that first car race I recall someone rolled their Cortina but we went to the adjoining speedway more frequently and preferred it as there were heaps of races (Saturday night Speedway night), many incidents, wonderful smell, bikes, midgets, TQs, sidecars, etc. Last time to that speedway was the weekend the stockcar saloons were first/only time (?) raced there a couple of years prior to Woodford Glen opening. First and only time to Woodford Glen was when it was a stage in the 1974 Canta Rally, and that was my first rally as a co-driver. Who remembers that rally which started at midnight with the opening stage at Ruapuna race track?

First race track I drove on was Manfield 1974 (Mini Cooper) during the Inter University Games when motor sport was one of the contributing events.

the first race 'Car' I remember was a Sidecar, Cemetery Circuit. last year was my 54th boxing day meeting am lucky enough to watch it from the best seat in the house, the commentary box.