Quote Originally Posted by rf84 View Post
MNZ has morphed out of the original body called Confederation of NZ Car Clubs. As others have said it better represents racing at national and international level than it does club level motor sport. What benefit is it to someone doing a club event that MNZ is affiliated to the FIA for instance? Maybe it is time that we have a two tier system of admin-one for club events and another for those who want to race at a national or higher level?
As I understand it motor racing can not legally take place unless under the jurisdiction of the FIA and as a result MSNZ holds the trump card. Speedway competition within NZ could provide an avenue and a legal argument towards a back door and the at very least a lever to open the door.

I first became involved with the original body as secretary of the NSSC over sixty years ago and have observed their operations closely ever since. The bureaucrat's tool has always been the constitution of the organisation and its slant restricting the voting rights of the individual members who finance what has become a very private setup. As it was and as I now presume it remains, an association of "clubs" rather than an association of "members", thus restricting the individual voting power of those who pay the money on which it floats.

In order to commence a serious discussion, it is essential that the exact current constitution is published here. I have been unable to find it anywhere on line. I have the original but there could have ben amendments, Can someone please oblige?