Hi guys,

A few points:

The original survey came from HRC, not MSNZ, and was directed at those who had not competed at one of their events since 2017. I was a recipient of the survey email even though I still have a race licence. As HRC is primarily aimed at Historic and Classic cars and most people who own/race Historic and Classic cars are older themselves, it is no surprise that the majority of respondents are in the 61+ age group or that the largest class of events competed in are Historic/Classic events.

The MotorSport New Zealand website has a link to the constitution on it's website. It is an 18 page pdf document - the link is through the "About MotorSport NZ" option on the home page. Alternatively, this link should take you to it:
https://motorsport.org.nz/wp-content...8-71st-AGM.pdf

The MSNZ AGCM has been postponed. Here is a link to the news item on the MSNZ website: https://motorsport.org.nz/motorsport...rds-postponed/

As far as I am aware, remits were not published prior to the postponement being announced.

My club (Wellington Triumph Sports Car Club Inc.) has been sending a delegate to the AGCM for years - Ron Robertson in fact, who is also in the MG Car Club (Wellington Centre) and the MG Classic Racing Register. He is one of the people who organises the MG Classic at Manfeild every November so isn't there just to make up the numbers. In fact, at $250 for each delegate (and an additional $250 for each extra observer) it is unlikely that anyone is there merely to make up the numbers.
Anyway, my point on this matter is that Ron didn't think it was worth sending a delegate any more as delegates don't get to ultimately vote on a remit. Sure they all vote but the final result isn't guaranteed to get a remit through. It merely means that the Executive are aware of the feeling of the meeting when they subsequently decide on whether the remit becomes a manual amendment. This approach is defended by the point that the clubs voted for the members of the Executive to represent their views so therefore the members of the Executive can do the voting for them. Sort of like Parliament really.

On the question of what does MSNZ do - well, run an event where someone dies and (as long as you have followed the rules) MSNZ will provide legal representation to stop you going to prison. Hopefully. They certainly did in Queenstown a few years back.
I'm looking forward to AASA being tested in a similar way, not so much with someone dying but more with being tested when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Another thing that MSNZ does is provide Authority Cards so that cars with full cages can still get WOFs. I'm been told that the LVVTA and NZTA aren't interested in dealing with anyone else in this regard (that seems wrong when I think of drag cars driving round with roll cages, but anyway...) so I'm waiting to see how cars on Targa will fare in between stages.

I've got nothing against the AASA - in fact I'd be keen to use them if they can tick all the necessary boxes. But I also remember back in the 1990s when MSNZ (or MANZ as they were) threatened to cancel the competition licence of anyone who raced at a non-MANZ race meeting (specifically, Ohakea, which wasn't raced under MANZ regulations).

On the subject of other, existing, sanctioning bodies. MSNZ in the past have said that they hold the mandate for all motorsport activity in New Zealand and for the purposes of speedway and drag racing (and probably others that I'm not listing), MSNZ have delegated authority and responsibility for those to their respective sanctioning bodies.

Right, well that was longer than I expected -let me know if anything makes no sense.