Thread: MNZ survey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One has to ask just exactly why have the costs escalated so much over the last 3-5 years? How are they justifying it?

- They aren't spending more ( or any!! ) on facility maintenance / upgrades than 5 years ago

- I don't know for a fact, but you can't tell me insurance costs have doubled in the last 3-5 years

- We don't get more races per meeting / laps per race, so no more laps per meeting that 10 years ago

From where I'm sitting, there is nothing that I can think of that can justify paying more than we were 10 years ago to enter a meeting ( save for inflation ).

The "safety" rules are totally over the top, especially when we have to sign a waiver, and even moreso when you look at scrutineering, what a total joke that is. You car can be a total death-trap, but if they are checking undies and socks that day, happy days. Like Allan said, the lengths you are forced to go to to put petrol in your car are another joke. Sure have a fire extinguisher at hand, but the rest is total BS. As is having to have any electrical equipment tested and tagged. That's why RCD's were invented. Test and tag is not a legal requirement as most people think, just another unnecessary expense. Whatever happened to personal responsibility??

What do you actually get for your H&S levy at HD? It honestly seems like they are charging you the "safety" levy so you can go out and buy all this extra "safety" paraphernalia to use!!
    Last edited by Andrew Metford; 05-17-2020 at 10:16 AM.

yes, just wait till they include the PPE gear..............