Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wings & Wheels Spectacular at Pukekohe

Semi-Pro Racer
    I will post the link to the 1986 Race held in the rain on Saturday in Wellington here tomorrow morning as it is still uploading to You Tube.
    It has a list on the screen of all the entries and some general history being discussed so I think it is relevant here with these photos.
    Regards
    Tony

World Champion
    Thackwell Brabham and Jones were all out for the Mita Pacific series 86-87 so that would make the wheel incident a component of the jan87 Wellington weekend.

Semi-Pro Racer

Thanks great to see strange I thought Somes was on the other side of me into the archway but remember now I backed off realizing he was never going to make the corner,ducking behind him ,I looked over his car after and only a slight dent in headlight cover and a few new scratches,With full lock on on hitting the wall it bounced him around,I repared the Paton that night drilling a row of holes along both sides of the split fibeglass{both sides of the boot} ,the boot was in 3 pieces each about 3 ft,long then looped wire to join them ,, then race tape ,was quite solid ,The worst damage was the exhaust pipe ran to the back of the car ,it was pushed forward squashing it 12inches from the manifold, the only ans. was to cut it there!!Well it would not idle but with a few revs was able to race, one of the highlights was passing the Gineta before the bridge on the 2nd lap{he was slow there } he was a little pissed off!1 he got me back several laps later,,but just loved the track up against the walls no run offs .Colin McGregor and Even Green gave the comentary I think made a mistake Lycoming it was M Gill not Ralph who gave Bruce the drive and Hallet in yelow Buckler was not 3rd he was a lap behind ,Dont know if they showed the sunday historics a pity as it was nice and fine