Everyone, thank you for all your advice in helping me recreate a Golden Age of Kiwi Saloon Racing here in Nashville, Tennessee, USA (Home of Country Music, and the Nashville Superspeedway and legendary Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway since 1907) by recreating the Benson and Hedges 500 races from 1968 to 1978 in 1/32 slot cars. In fact, I plan to build a temporary four-lane Pukekohe layout each year with the key circuit features, like grandstands, Dunlop Bridge, stables, inner racecourse, billboards on the main straight, nasty dunnies, etc. (and rain if I could do it). I have also been collecting all the cars from that era, either in ready to run cars or specially commissioned resin bodies made, and I have far beyond needed for a full 42 car grid for my new club, although I am seeking a source of 1/32 bodies of the Chrysler Valiant V8 Regal (all pre-Charger Valiants that ran) and the Leyland P76. I have spent countless hours up into the wee hours each night pouring over all the car pictures and grids on the pages of The Roaring Season and peoples' comments, and saved pictures of the course background and features at the time in addition to specific liveries of body variants during the 1968-78 era.

If you don't mind indulging me further, if any of you fellow graybeards could advise me of other prominent New Zealand production-type saloon car races and the circuits used in the 1968-78 era, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not as interested in local club events as much as national events using similar New Zealand production cars, much like Sandown's relationship to Bathurst. My limited research suggests that circuits like Wigram, Timaru and Teretonga Park might be candidates from that era, but I would really appreciate any advice on production saloon races from that era that had some notoriety - I would like to expand my simulations to include other races to the B&H for my same saloon cars. Thanks!