Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
When I was at Taupo in January last year Bruce Thompson was peddling a 1973 Falcon XA Coupe # 83, from John McKechnie's stable, around the course.
Name:  Bruce and John at Taupo.  Jan. 19 2020.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  153.5 KB

John and Bruce having fun in the XA Falcon and the Cambridge Monaro.
(KH photo)

On another visit to NZ I had noticed a good looking 1968 Mustang tucked away under the covers.
Name:  DSCN9425 - Copy - Copy.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  155.2 KB
(KH photo)

That Mustang is a replica of the well known 1968 Team Shelby Trans-Am Mustang 302 number 2.
During that 1968 Trans-Am series it was driven by ; Horst Kwech, Allan Moffatt, Dan Gurney, Parnelli Jones and Peter Revson.
That original car is worth a lot of money today, as do hard to find die-cast models, such as shown.
Name:  1968 Trans AM Mustang # 2.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  188.9 KB
Ford went through 30 engines during the 12 race 1968 season trying to beat the Roger Penske Camaro etc.
I certainly hope Bruce Thompson has better luck with his engine this season !
If Bruce tries as many drivers as Carroll Shelby did in 1968 I might put my name in to be called, especially with my many years of LHD driving experience !
Bruce's description of his car; "
My Mustang was built by Russell Rosales in San Jose, it is a tribute to the #2 Shelby car driven by Dan Gurney and Horst Kwech..

It has a 302, single 4 bbl, 3.90:1 nine inch with Detroit Locker, Lincoln KH front brakes and Willwood's in the rear.
It was street driven in the Sates by Russell and the second owner, Alan Reynolds in Austin Texas.

"The Mustang went really well and I had a ton of fun at Taupo. "

That is what historic racing should be all about.

Name:  # 2 Mustang entering at Taupo.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  # 2 Mustang ready to race.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  171.6 KB
(Jennifer Mossman photos )

Name:  #2 at speed. Jarod Carruthers photo..jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  165.4 KB
Bruce at speed in this fine Jarod Carruthers photo.

Thanks, Bruce, for sharing and may your future events go just as well for you.

(Ken H )
Thank you Ken, We look forward to having you back here before too long.